Did you know that 83% of information processed is done visually? Let’s face it, we are a visual culture and that isn’t going to change anytime soon.
Recent proof continues to prove that our affinity for visuals is growing:
• Instagram, a photo sharing application just sold for 1 Billion dollars.
• Pinterest, a photo scrapbooking website generates more referral traffic than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined.
• Just take a look at how Facebook is progressing with Timeline… you will notice that layout is a lot more visual than the old layout and results with our Facebook accounts show that images receive the most “likes” and “shares.”
Here are some ways to take a visual approach online!
1. Let Your Website Attract Through Pictures
Do not forget that your website is still the heart of your online marketing — and probably your overall marketing!!
Here at Infinite our website receives heavy traffic via search engines for people looking to hire a “Search Engine Optimization” firm. Receiving this feedback from our analytics, we developed a visual banner on the homepage that communicates directly to visitors who are inquiring about that service. The highly-visual graphic banner is one of the highest “clicked” elements of our site!
For your website think about using:
• Real photography! Photographs of your staff and facilities build greater trust.
• Call to action banners that include benefits/results/ and promotional offers.
2. Videos Make It Easier
If you have a product/service that is both expensive or is technical and needs explanation, video is an absolute must!
People would rather watch an instructional video than read an instructional manual. Check out the video we created for Vocado, a project-management service for vocational schools (the video is framed in the iPad):
3. Infographics Get More Attention
Infographics are very popular right now and provide you a great opportunity to receive increased exposure.
Copyblogger, a leading resource for copywriting and content marketing developed an infographic about grammar mistakes that many of people make entitled, “15 Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly” (click to view). Between January 1st and March 5th they received 15,000 visits to their website just from the infographic on Pinterest.
Think about ways that you can make your content and information more visual so that it appeals to our natural preference for learning.
4. Facebook Timeline Banner/Twitter Background
This is prime real estate to use exciting visuals that personalize your brand. Our approaches to creating these are to include images of people because of the fundamental business rule that people buy from people and those who they identify with.
Make sure you include images of your staff, customers and of your facilities. Facebook fans and Twitter followers love images; we’ve seen this proven, as the timeline banner we created for Sally Kashani DDS (above) has received 12 likes already.
Infinite Communications is proven in creating visual imagery that is appealing and delivers results. Don’t take an apathetic approach. Contact us today (818) 990 9843 to design your engaging content. We promise to make it visual engaging!